I love this recipe. It started with a packet of pistachio dukkah that I wanted to use up, and this is what I ended up with. It really jazzes up an already beautifully flavoured fish.
- 1 kg barramundi fillets
- 50 g pistachio dukkah
- 1 tbspn dried oregano
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 handful breadcrumbs
- 3 tbspn polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 tbspn lemon zest
- sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 tbspn olive oil, for frying
1. Season each piece of barramundi well on both sides with a little salt and pepper. Combine all the other ingredients, except the olive oil, in a large bowl.
2. Coat each piece of barramundi in the dukkah coating, pressing well into both sides.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan on a high heat. Cook each piece of dukkah crusted barramundi for five minutes on the first side, then four minutes on the other side. Transfer to a wire rack while you finish cooking all the barramundi.
4. Serve with a lemon wedge and some grilled asparagus.