This raspberry tart tastes every bit as good as it looks and is surprisingly easy to make. At the very least you could use bought pastry and just make the creme patissiere then top with berries. I would stick with raspbberries though as their tartness cuts through the sweet cream perfectly.
For the creme patissiere:1 litre of full cream milk
- 1 litre of full cream milk
- 2 vanilla pods, seeds scraped away with the tip of a sharp knife
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 g caster sugar
- 100 g cornflour
- 150 g unsalted butter, diced
For the pastry:
- 200 g cold butter, diced
- 400 g flour
- a pinch of salt
- approx 5 – 8 teaspoons of chilled water
Plus two punnets of fresh raspberries for the topping.
2. When the pastry shell has been blind baked, then browned and cooled you are ready to assemble. Spread a generous quantity of the creme patissiere into the pastry shell, then top with the raspberries. If you like you could give the tart a dusting of icing sugar to finish.